Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Channeling Zoe Saldana

Happy rainy day!  Obviously the weather today is pretty crappy and I can't take photos outside.  Since I finally have such great photos on this blog and have made it look more professional, I don't want to go backwards and post photos of me in front of the mirror again... but today I am making an exception.  I posted this on instagram and I got a really great response.  A lot of the girls really loved this look so I wanted to share it here on my blog.  I only have one photo but I think it will do the trick. (Follow me on there by the way: natybaby)

I'm not sure if any of you have seen the movie Colombiana with Zoe Saldana, but today I am channeling her.  There's a scene in the movie where she is wearing something similar and I just really love the look.  I wanted to take it and make it my own.  Often times I get a lot of fashion & style inspiration from watching movies and television shows.



Shirt: Target
Flannel: My dad's closet 
Shorts: Forever21
Combat Boots: Mandee (Old) 
Hat: H&M


This is different than what I normally wear, but like I always say I love to switch up my looks.  The truth is I used to dress this way more in the past and it's fun to bring it back sometimes.  I just used this boyfriend t-shirt from Target and let it out loose over these denim shorts.  I'm actually wearing one of my father's flannel shirts that I kept after he passed away, so it's very special to me.  To complete this edgy look I'm wearing combat boots and this black knitted hat.  Would you ever wear something like this?

<3 



No comments:

Post a Comment