Saturday, September 14, 2013

Huffington Post LIVE

Yesterday was such a big moment for me and I couldn't wait to share it with all of you!  I had the opportunity to be on a fashion segment on Huff Post Live wearing an outfit styled by celebrity stylist Derek Warburton.  The segment was called "Dress For The Job You Want" and Derek styled 6 of us to "model" the looks.  I am not used to someone else styling me and I haven't worn something for the corporate world in so long, but I think I did a good job!  I was super nervous I can't lie.  I am actually shy when it comes to being filmed and this was totally out of my comfort zone.  In no way am I a model so I didn't really know what to do besides stand there and smile lol But the best part about it all was that Derek said both my name and my blog during the segment which is amazing! If you follow me on insta then you probably saw the 15 second clip I posted.  It was such a good (and weird) feeling seeing myself. A few years ago I would have turned down the opportunity simply because I was nervous.  So I am really proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone and doing it!  I think that's the best way to be successful.

We filmed inside the AOL Building which was pretty cool.  Here are some photos and the video :) 





Derek styled me in a dress from I Heart Shimmer, shoes from Aldo and this super cute backpack.  




Nick, Derek, Dana, Me, Kelly, Kyrzayda


All of us with our stylist, Derek


Here's the full segment.  I come in a little before the 11:00 mark.  The camera guy caught me walking off which was not supposed to happen lol  Hope you like!


This was such an amazing experience and I am so thankful for the opportunity.  Thanks so much to Derek & Dana for having me be apart of this! 

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment